On The Run

Someone out there recently asked me “how do I bill a Crown Court case when the defendant absconds?”
Both Andy and my own frail memory cannot remember quite who this was so I hope that this clears it up. To cut to the chase you can now make a claim online (of all things) –

“up to the point in the case that the client absconded, as long as the case fits the claiming rules under the Regulations”.

Interim hardship payments are also now available.
We also now know how to report a supplementary Proceedings class claim when the standard fee has changed from that previously reported following the arrest of the client.

About Author: SP

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *